hogswatch presents

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

hogswatch presents

Postby chris.ph » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:19 pm

i know it was my idea to have a mass opening on hogswatch night but im going tobe very hungover, so im going to cheat and open mine tonight :lol:
all youve got to do is say what your present is and who you think its from :)

right , i really like mine its a keyring beerbottle opener with my pterry coat of arms emblazoned onit and a card with it printed on. thank you very much jan its very useful for me :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Nope - not Jan at all. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm

mmmmmm :shock: and with all that bubble wrap around it, im flummoxed now :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby chris.ph » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:52 pm

ive just read thru the 17 pages of the hogswatch thread looking for clues and i now think my present giver is dotsie so thank you dotsie :lol: :lol:
chris.ph

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 am

I would have been more than happy with a plastic skull ring. What I actually got surpassed my wildest dreams! :D

A leopard skin-patterned, guitar-shaped lamp made of glass!!! :shock: Wow!!!!
How on earth have I lived my whole life without owning one of these babies? :lol:
Also a grow your own turtle and a grow your own dragon, which if you put into water grow 600 times their size!! (ed; surely that's 600%)
And two children. (I said it was a big box!)

Just after I took this photo, the polystyrene box filling went quantum and it took me 45 minutes to clean up the mess. Bloody kids! :evil:

I'm a happy Poohcarrot!! :lol: :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:56 am

chris.ph wrote:ive just read thru the 17 pages of the hogswatch thread looking for clues and i now think my present giver is dotsie so thank you dotsie :lol: :lol:

Not me! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Tut, tut! You're supposed to wait until Sunday. :P

What cute peskies you have Pooh! :D
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote::shock: Opened mine today! It is a Wonderful Piccy of my Granddad!!!

AND a wonderful little Chicken Story!!! :D

I am going to have the pic framed and put it in my room!!!!!

I have a pretty good idea who my secret Hogfather is... 8) THANK YOU and ((HUG))

p.s. I hope my pressie is as welcome and treasured.

What the heck, easier to quote meself. :lol: As I said the Children remained in extremely good health due to the Fruit Roll-Ups :lol: :lol:

Be Careful with the Dragon and Turtle, Mothra and Godzilla might get jealous! :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Beth » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Um wait. I think I missed an important bit of instruction here because I have never taken part in a secret gift giving where you didn't identify who you were on the gift. So, my package is clearly signed from me. Sorry about that to my recipient.

I opened mine and I LOVE IT. I got a coffee cup with Death on it and it says There's No Justice, There's Just Me. I also got a set of Unseen Academical football cards which I have been REALLY wanting! There's also a fab Hogswatch card in it with a cryptic little signature that could be anyone. The outer packaging got destroyed thanks to the post office so it really doesn't say where it's from. I don't know how I missed that bit of the whole process. I just thought it was secret up until you received it. There are lots of little confetti piggies in my box as well. :)

Thank you thank you thank you. :) The cup is the perfect size for my morning tea.
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Beth » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh and it's been Sunday here for three hours now. :lol:
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Beth wrote:Um wait. I think I missed an important bit of instruction here because I have never taken part in a secret gift giving where you didn't identify who you were on the gift. So, my package is clearly signed from me. Sorry about that to my recipient.

I think I may still have guessed it was you Beth - :wink: thank you very much for all the lovely gifts, the earrings especially as I've been looking for some black pearls to go with my dark freshwater beads for ages and they're perfect - and I love silver and amethysts too! *huggles you muchly*. Photo to come soon (blasted PC isn't talking to the camera -again :evil: )

And you weren't the only one to 'blow' your cover - I'm not used to sending international packages either, so my name went on the return address docket. There may a good elf at the other end who might take care of that though, but it won't be too hard to guess even so... :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:13 pm

I got a Llamedos Red Swamp Dragon (Draco Russo Vulgaris) I have named him Errol :D It came in a fire proof box, instructions and an adoption certificate it's terrific :lol:
The instructions came with a word that can be used to demand instant attention and behavior it's Llwrddchiarllyrd it turned out that my pronunciation wasn't correct so Errol got upset and burned down the kitchen :lol:

Thanks Tony :D

Edit: Nearly forgot :oops: Happy Hogswatch everyone! :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Must be the Dutch accent - that word should have worked otherwise. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby AgnesOgg » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:30 pm

I got a lovely framed notice that says that I`m a purveyor of fynest pills, salves and ointments. By royal appoyntemente, no less :D :D :D If you need any, my apothecary is in 6 Lobbin Clout :lol:

Thank you!!!

If there is a secret hogfather next year I think I will knit something in the spirit of Mrs Whitlow....
no, it`s a hippopotamus!
AgnesOgg

Postby Tristan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:44 pm

I have opened it! :D

My present is FANTASTIC!! I really love it, and I am so happy I got it! I have been wondering for weeks what was hidden in the envelope, but I never considered it would be that great!

I got many different things, I'll try to enumerate them all:
* A (hardcover) card of the US Unseen Academicals cover, which actually has a special PIN-number (to download an excerpt from the book). It's great, I'm going to put it on the first page of my diary (or somewhere where I can see it every day)! :D
* A Hogswatch card with an illustration of Ankh-Morpork and people writing Hogswatch cards, I love it!
* REAL Ankh-Morpork post office stamps. :D The person who send me this gift has obviously travelled a lot in the Discworld - there's this extremely rare one from Klatch, a 1-pence stamp from Sto Helit, stamps from almost every guild in Ankh-Morpork, and my favourite - a one-dollar stamp with the Tower of Art.
* Discworld beer stickers. :lol: "Old Kingdom" and "Ridcully's revenge", these stickers are from the official discworld beer edition in 2003. There's even a pouring guide. "When glass is empty, stop drinking." :lol: I also received a small "Founder's Ale" sticker from the Unseen University boathouse brewery and let's not forget "Bonk beer - Überwald pilsner" (I guess it's tea with alcohol :mrgreen:)
* Three other discworld cards: one of "Wit & Wisdom", one from Dr Sigismund Zellter (which book? I have to read about it! ;)) and another one, which I can't even describe ("The address only to be written on this side. If anything else is added, the post card will be destroyed." :lol: )
* Discworld picture cards, with many different discworld-related pictures on them, for the true fan. :)

I still don't know who the sender is - there's no name, my only clue is the return addres - Hanwell. So, mysterious sender, thank you for this wonderful present!

And guys, your presents are fantastic, too! When I see what you all have got I can't help but wonder if my present was as good. :roll: It was all a little bit improvised, but I hope the receiver likes it. And by the way, Beth, I signed it, too - I had no idea it had to be kept secret after it was opened.
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Next

Return to The Broken Drum