I'm shocked!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

I'm shocked!

Postby Morty » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:43 pm

I’m shocked :oops:

One of the reasons I joined this forum was because I thought Mr. Pratchett was a gentleman.

Here is clip of him telling a joke.

I would advise all the lady members not to click HERE PMSL
Morty

Postby Dandelion » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Well, don't klick here either, if you think that Kate Bush is a Lady...
Fabricati Diem, Pvnk!
Dandelion

Postby Kladivo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 pm

A classic :)
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Quark » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:01 am

Ah well. I'm sure Mr Pratchett is a gentleman. It's just that he wanted to tell a joke. You can't be an author like Pratchett without having a sense of humour.
Quark

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:04 am

Believe it or not, but that is the first time I've ever heard TP speak! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Quark » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:49 am

Same here, actually. :O
Quark

Postby Lord Ponsamby-Smyth » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Dandelion wrote:Well, don't klick here either, if you think that Kate Bush is a Lady...

If all Bears shit in the woods...does that mean polar bears are constipated.
Back in da house....
Lord Ponsamby-Smyth

Postby freddy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 pm

:lol: It a brillent joke that Sir Terry has told I have heard it before I think the peolple of Discworld monthly did a link to in one their news letter or might been one of you fun people on this forem lol anyway it made me smile thanks
freddy

Postby Morty » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:12 pm

freddy wrote::lol: It a brillent joke that Sir Terry has told I have heard it before I think the peolple of Discworld monthly did a link to in one their news letter or might been one of you fun people on this forem lol anyway it made me smile thanks

I'd never heard the joke before Freddy and like you I thought it was very funny.The way Terry speaks actually makes it even funnier. You don't tend to hear such well spoken gents telling jokes like that. The tongue in cheek remark warning the lady members not to click on the link was exactly that ....Tongue in cheek.....How many Ladies took my advise I wonder :roll:
Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:29 pm

After the first time I heard Terry speak in public, I used to hear his voice when I read his books. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:I'd never heard the joke before Freddy and like you I thought it was very funny.The way Terry speaks actually makes it even funnier. You don't tend to hear such well spoken gents telling jokes like that. The tongue in cheek remark warning the lady members not to click on the link was exactly that ....Tongue in cheek.....How many Ladies took my advise I wonder :roll:

Where? What ladies? Here? :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:I'd never heard the joke before Freddy and like you I thought it was very funny.The way Terry speaks actually makes it even funnier. You don't tend to hear such well spoken gents telling jokes like that. The tongue in cheek remark warning the lady members not to click on the link was exactly that ....Tongue in cheek.....How many Ladies took my advise I wonder :roll:

I didn't took the advice, but didn't listen because I've already seen that clip on youtube along with others (a research on Terry Pratchett, how original of me, I'm sure...). Anyway, I already knew that joke, it's a classic :lol: :oops: :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Morty » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:

Where? What ladies? Here? :lol:

But did you click on the link Jan :wink:

CrysaniaMajere I'm shocked that you know of such jokes :oops:
Morty

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:CrysaniaMajere I'm shocked that you know of such jokes :oops:

I'm terrible at telling jokes, but many boys here think they are born-comedians and love to tell jokes.. so i know this, the one of the 15-cm-tall-mad-man, the one of how-many-beers-etc that boys loves to tell to girls just to see them :arrow: :oops: ...
but I don't remember much of them, I tend to forget. (obviously i did :arrow: :oops: :oops: :oops: when I heard those jokes the first time. that's why i remember these ones.)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:49 pm

I'd seen it before Monty, but yeah I clicked :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to The Broken Drum