What is my IP address

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:06 pm

chris.ph wrote:bloody hell ive moved to birmingham and nobodies told me :shock: thats on the wrong side of the border and i didnt even get my passport stamped :lol: :lol:

That must have been a nasty shock for you Chris I've been to Birmingham :oops:
Morty

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Oh! What's a website?

Mwahahahahahaha!!!!! That, my dear pooh, is the sticky spot on my web where your tiny wings are stuck to my luverly web where I shall cocoon you up all nice and tight and keep you and take care of you and call you George. :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Batty » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:02 pm

chris.ph wrote:bloody hell ive moved to birmingham and nobodies told me :shock: thats on the wrong side of the border and i didnt even get my passport stamped :lol: :lol:

Do you have to pay a toll to leave or enter Wales, chris? If it's to leave then IPing yourself could save you a fortune... Just IP from your car and then drive onwards from Birmingham - saving having to pass the toll bridge! ... If you have to pay to enter Wales then do the reverse. Drive to Birmingham and IP yourself back to Wales ... :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:Hi Jan

Again I totally agree with you I think because it looks mad and uncontrolled is because of the way the site is monitored by two exceptional moderators.
Considering the mix of personalities on the forum I’m surprised it’s so easy going but as you say we all have a common interest. I promise you I won’t be snotty and I’ll keep my matches in my pocket.
As for being a regular I hope to be around for some time to come.

:lol: - I always was partial to Johnny Mortimer and even managed to forgive him for perpetrating Never the Twain on an unsuspecting TV audience... :evil: in part because of dearest, wonderful Horace Rumpole, but mostly because he defended Lady Chatterley and got her de-banned. So it's v. nice to see his spirit celebrated on here 'cos I'm sure he must have admired Terry's work too. :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:05 pm

It thinks I'm in a car park at the University of Arizona. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Lady Vetinari » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:08 pm

It has me in Sudbury LONDON!!!!

I live in the Brecon Beacons Wales ... I know this IP address is a Laptop but COME ON!!!! That's taking wireless too far!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:09 pm

:lol: You Jetsetter you.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Tonyblack wrote:It thinks I'm in a car park at the University of Arizona. :lol:
One of the hotels I stayed was minutes up or down the road from there. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:It's got me in the city centre ish! about 9 miles out almost neigbhours with the royalty. :lol:

Are you telling us you live close to Lord Ponsamby- Smyth :lol:
Are you telling us you live close to Lord Ponsamby- Smyth :lol:[/quote]Good heavens no! old chap, perish the thought can not be doing with all that unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable,running all over your back gardens shouting tally ho and making such a mess with their horse shit everywhere. Image :twisted:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Lord Ponsamby-Smyth » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Well im just gratefull its got me living somewhere, yesterday I checked it and today im glad to say that im still in the same place, even though my head is elsewhere.

As one of those ex hippy type's, who just get on with life and try not too worry what the next chappy or chapp'ess is up to doing, (so long as they dont park 40 caravans in one of my fields) im not going to question why its got me on the radar at all.

Though in my younger day, id have posted the lap top to some out of the corner land to play hide and seek with whoever is trying to find me, and laugh as they ran about trying to get some information from the IP address.
Back in da house....
Lord Ponsamby-Smyth

Postby Danny B » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:34 pm

I use this site very regularly and it puts me on the right stretch of country road, but 2.4 miles to the west of where I actually am.

I moderate on a fairly busy forum and all of the forum team use it to catch dupers and sock puppets. One bloke in particular is the bane of our lives. He registered at least 30 accounts over a period of 4 weeks or so and we still keep finding him logging in under new accounts now. The forum is one that runs a "reputation" system and whenever someone disagreed with him, he would then perpetrate a blizzard of negative ratings under multiple identities. Very petty and childish. He keeps changing his IP address too, so it's only when he gives himself away and our admin makes a query to the duper's ISP that we get confirmation of who it is. :roll:
Danny B

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:16 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Unless you came to Tucson without telling us, you were near the Arizona State University. :wink:

UofA is a much better place - the Phoenix Mars Mission was from UofA. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:23 am

Some poeople are such sad baskets who need to get a life. :roll: more to be pitied than anything although very annoying for other people on the forum.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:27 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Unless you came to Tucson without telling us, you were near the Arizona State University. :wink:

UofA is a much better place - the Phoenix Mars Mission was from UofA. :wink:
I though there was one in Tempe Tony it had the logo of UofA and the hill behind us which I climbed up had one to. :?
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 am

Not as far as I know Dug. If you Google 'university of arizona tempe', you get hits for Arizona State University, Tempe. :D

The logo for UofA is this:

Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum