"Rugby's American pervert"

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

"Rugby's American pervert"

Postby Trish » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:41 am

NPR article & broadcast here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... 100&sc=yfp

Discuss.
Trish

Brits prefer Steeler football

Postby Trish » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:42 am

Don't everybody get in a rush to share your thoughts.

Post-Gazette story about some English fellows who'd much rather see the Pittsburgh Steelers than some silly rugby game. And they explain why.

http://www.post-gazette.com/multimedia/?videoid=102578

NO ONE parties like Steeler fans.
Trish

Postby swreader » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:29 am

Trish--are you by chance relating this to the "football game" in Unseen Academicals (which I will read when my arm and shoulder are stronger--that is a BIG book)?

Otherwise these posts make very little sense to me.
What are you suggesting? You need to make yourself clearer--and if you are relating to UA--post on the discussion.
swreader

Postby kakaze » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:10 am

swreader wrote:if you are relating to UA--post on the discussion.

and mention it in the title for those poor underprivilaged of us (like me) who haven't gotten their beady little eyes on the book yet. ;)
kakaze

Postby mspanners » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 am

First link did not work for me, just locked up when loading but second did. I used to work with a chap in the 1990's who was mad on American Football, he used to by in the Army and was stationed with US troops who got Him hooked on the game.

I tried to watch the Superbowl as He convinced me it was so good but could not get into it a it was so stop/go and dragged on all night!

45 Min with a rest in the middle is enough for my so FIFA rules Football or Rugby will do me!

:)
mspanners

Re: Brits prefer Steeler football

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Trish wrote:Don't everybody get in a rush to share your thoughts.

Post-Gazette story about some English fellows who'd much rather see the Pittsburgh Steelers than some silly rugby game. And they explain why.

http://www.post-gazette.com/multimedia/?videoid=102578

NO ONE parties like Steeler fans.
Ah Trish they were talking about Football(soccer)not Rubgy there is very little in the way of trouble after a match even when it is between Scotland and England in the Six Nations. 8) :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm

its not the done thing to fight at rugby we let the rabble at the football do that :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:03 pm

What Rugby? "A thug's game for gentlemen" surely? :lol:

Soccer's :roll: the other way around - A gentlemen's game for thugs - except that the thugs are mostly on the terraces in recent times but that is getting better as clubs have gone over to all seated stadiums :roll:

One thing that's always bothered me is how you can have American and Rugby Football when they're mostly carrying it around in their arms and nowhere near their feet at all? :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:15 pm

I met a Rugby team in Orlando FL once. They had played the day before, brought their own medic and kits. Most of them had Steri-Strips on the facial cuts and concussions. Most were still drunk from the post game party. Even the concussed ones were drunk. Friendly bunch, but a bit scary in their testosterone levels. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Trish » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:42 pm

kakaze wrote:
swreader wrote:if you are relating to UA--post on the discussion.

and mention it in the title for those poor underprivilaged of us (like me) who haven't gotten their beady little eyes on the book yet. ;)

Me, too.

I will not post on the UA discussion because I haven't rad it and really dont' want the spoilers.
A fresh Pratchett is a thing of joy.
Trish

Postby chris.ph » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:I met a Rugby team in Orlando FL once. They had played the day before, brought their own medic and kits. Most of them had Steri-Strips on the facial cuts and concussions. Most were still drunk from the post game party. Even the concussed ones were drunk. Friendly bunch, but a bit scary in their testosterone levels. :lol:

there is nothing scary about a rugby team in a pub thats our second most favourite place to be , the firsts in the rugby club :lol: :lol:

playing rugby ive personally broken my nose 4 times all my fingers , my left thumb + ive got scars on my scars good laugh tho :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Return to The Broken Drum