poohcarrot wrote:1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score,nor the leader until the contest ends?
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backwards?
3.Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons.
All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside? CORRECT
5. In some shops you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle? CORRECT
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."
I didn't look at any of the answers yet. I want to see if I can get the ones that are already marked correct.
6. Dwell, dwindle, dweeb (?)
7. Period, colon, semicolon, comma, question mark, exclamation point, ellipse.
9. Shoe, stiletto, sandal, sock, sneaker, snowshoe
Ok, I can't figure out the rest right now. It's too early.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life. [The Last Continent]