Pig Flu - The Japanese Version

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Pig Flu - The Japanese Version

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:49 am

Once infected by the pig flu virus, it takes 4 days to incubate, then bang, your temperature soars. If you take Tamiflu within 48 hours of the onset of the fever, your temp comes down and you're OK 4 or 5 days later. Day 3, the day before the fever kicks in, is the day when you are most likely to infect others.

I know all this because one of my students is a nursing director at a big hospital and she told me. Then on Friday my 6-year old daughter's temp hit the roof. Yesterday she was diagnosed with Pig Flu, given Tamiflu and today the temp has come back to normal.

The only problem is that it probably means my wife, 3-year old daughter, or me are going to be next, starting Monday/Tuesday.

(that's why I posted Tony & Batty's Happy Birthday early because I went to bed at 8 pm yesterday)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:52 am

We are crossing our fingers over here that you don't get porked. :shock:

Seriously - hope you haven't caught it and that if you have, you all come through it safe and well.

*Antiseptic HUGS*
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:37 am

I reckon the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion, as per usual, by the media. :P
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:58 am

Well I hope you don't get it pooh :) And I hope your young'un is feeling better.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:01 am

Dotsie, why are you up at 5:58 on a Sunday morning? Or haven't you gone to bed yet? You old raver you! :lol: .
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:04 am

Bloody next-doors who've just moved in were playing music at 4:30 so loud it made my teeth rattle :evil: Seen him once, he looked so out of it that I don't think we'll get any sense out of him. Ah well. Time to buy a house, definitely.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 am

Scratch that. I'm a raver (much more interesting) 8)
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Dotsie wrote:Bloody next-doors who've just moved in were playing music at 4:30 so loud it made my teeth rattle :evil: Seen him once, he looked so out of it that I don't think we'll get any sense out of him. Ah well. Time to buy a house, definitely.

We used to live next door to someone who used to love playing very loud music on a Sunday morning, for hours at a time.
We eventually hit on the idea to play some music in retaliation, but needed something that would rise above the beat of his music and penetrate and override the noise that was being blasted at us.
After trial and error, we found that playing 'Ave Maria' worked wonderfully! We only had to start playing it and he would turn off his music and leave the house!
The moment he went out we would turn the record off! :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Re: Pig Flu - The Japanese Version

Postby Batty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:50 pm

poohcarrot wrote:The only problem is that it probably means my wife, 3-year old daughter, or me are going to be next, starting Monday/Tuesday.

Whiskey, vodka and other pure spirits are good at cleaning blood infections. I know this as an uncle once had a blood infection and was told that drinking spirits would help to 'clean' the inpurities from his system.

You now have a medical reason to drink. pooh! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Re: Pig Flu - The Japanese Version

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Batty wrote:Whiskey, vodka and other pure spirits are good at cleaning blood infections. I know this as an uncle once had a blood infection and was told that drinking spirits would help to 'clean' the inpurities from his system.

You now have a medical reason to drink. pooh! Image

:lol: or so p*ssed you don't notice you have it.

Here's something to give you a laugh whilst you're awaiting developments...

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 pm

So it's just the inferior whiskey you drink then Jan,not the good whisky. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Glenfidditch? is that spelled right? :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Glenfiddich used to be my fave but I had a very unpleasant experience in Crete 'polishing off' a half of a litre bottle of it in the wee hours with my alkie brother-in-law and spent the rest of the following day vomiting in various places in Knossos after I got lost in the Labyrinth... (actually I was deposited on a beach to try and find my brain again but that's not as funny).

I like Glenmorangie too. Blends I'll mix though... :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Irn Bru and lots of water helps as well as staying out of the sun. ImageImage
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Hope everything turns out all right :)

Are The Netherlands the only country in the world to call it the Mexican flu?
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Next

Return to The Broken Drum