ChartJackers!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

ChartJackers!

Postby MissTeatime » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi there!

I'm really sorry about posting a topic about something non-Pratchett-related, especially as I haven't even been here that long. If you want to throw me out after this, I understand you. But the thing is, I can't really do anything to help these people as I don't live in the UK. So I'm going to to get on my knees and beg you to help.

The ChartJackers are basically five guys on YouTube who got together to make a single using only the power of internet. They got the song lyrics from YouTube comments, they got the melody by asking the people of YouTube to make a melody to go with the words and then they picked the singers from people who had auditioned on - you guessed it - YouTube. Now they've got the music video and the song, "I've Got Nothing", and you can buy it on iTunes. But they need your help to achive their goal, which is to be played on the UK charts this weekend.

The song only costs £ 0.79 and all the money goes to the charity Children In Need. If you live in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter, please consider buying it. It would be such an awesome way to show that good stuff comes from the internet, too! :D

If you want to know more, you can watch this: ChartJackers introduction and Music Video
"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always movin', and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance."
MissTeatime

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:47 pm

That's wonderful! I'll put it up on my site too :D

Have to know - was that Stephen Fry plugging it at the end? :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby MissTeatime » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Indeed it was :D

Thank you so much for helping!
"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always movin', and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance."
MissTeatime

Postby kakaze » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:00 pm

I thought you were complaining about people stealing your carts at the grocery store! :lol:
kakaze

Postby MissTeatime » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:56 pm

kakaze wrote:I thought you were complaining about people stealing your carts at the grocery store! :lol:

Lol! I suppose they didn't think about that when they came up with the name... :P
MissTeatime

Return to The Broken Drum