Dreams/Nightmares

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:19 pm

lol :lol: Of Course you don't realize it is a dream, otherwise you would just say, "Let them = Chocolate pudding, which in and of itself is not too threatening, except to a laundry person. Cognitive dreaming is supposed to be theraputic, but I just can't get the hang of it yet.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Cognitive dreaming is supposed to be theraputic, but I just can't get the hang of it yet.

What is it? Some kind of way to direct your dreams? :?:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:19 pm

The other day I dreamt I fell down a bank and knocked my head - to be found by an alsation - I am REALLY scared of Alsations - the dream though kept shifting like Sliding Doors. There was a GOOD half where the Alsation had a really sexy policeman owner (turned out to be single too ... it was a dream after all ... :D ) And yes I dreamt of the whole relationship thing ... but it sort of shifted where no one found but the alsation - I woke up startled it and it turned on me and made the situation worse ...

Really weird :? !
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Cognitive dreaming is supposed to be theraputic, but I just can't get the hang of it yet.

What is it? Some kind of way to direct your dreams? :?:

Yes, it is a way to control dreams to try and figure them out. I have some moderate success. I usually try to use it while I am in a dream where bad things keep happening, over and over.

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby janet » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 pm

I read once that dreaming about problems with your teeth was an indication that you were worried about your health.
I tend to have dreams about unusually attractive young men in various situations, who, inexplicably, want to engage in physical contact with me. Often.
And I have reason to be worried about my health.
The Queen of Denial?
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:55 am

I've had vampire, werewolf and Doctor Who dreams recently, which were all quite fun :D I really quite enjoy the dreams where I'm running around and saving the world and things- I think my brain is trying to compensate for the less-than-exciting routine of my awake life :wink:

A while back I was having an Indiana Jones type dream (where they rescue the kids from the mine or something along those lines) which was going well until part of the roof collasped and crushed my leg. I woke up shortly after that with my leg seized up and in spasm :roll: I quite often wake up and then realise that my body seizing up in real life has filtered into the plot of my dream!
Phoenix

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:35 pm

I drank coffee last night to stay up late enough to play Everquest. 10 pm was my bedtime. I literally was rolling around until about 6 am, lights on and trying to read, enough sleepy pills in me to make me cross-eyed.

Spousal person woke me by hollering at me at 11:30, complaining that he was making his breakfast and he did not want to "catch hell" for letting me sleep. I was in the middle of a horrific nightmare, some random guy with really sharp knives was chopping limbs off me and my little boy, and the neighbors, I was in a panic and just as the police arrived to apparently arrest me :shock: for trying to defend myself, he was hollering that he did not want to catch hell. I was stunned. I just lay there for about 15 minutes, then the phone rang and he was ranting at the person on the phone about me, and when I asked who it was, he told them that I was screaming at him. Now, I feel like a real git. I am exhausted. Need to finish waking up and he is off riding atv's with his friends. I am going to have a MESS of shit to talk to my counselor about tomorrow. :evil:

Postby bikkit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:49 pm

I dreamed that everyone at my school turned into an evil tellytubbie, apart from my friends, who were completely oblivious to this obvious fact and that I had to feed the tellytubbies jam donuts for them to turn back again

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Danny B » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 pm

For many years I had a recurring nightmare about being stalked and attacked by nekkid old woman of truly hideous appearance, with broken teeth much like a gorilla's and knives for fingernails. After many years of always waking up screaming when she got the knives to my throat, I was finally able to recognise the pattern of the dream and begin to fight back. Sadly, during the first such nightmare after getting married my wife leant over me to wake me up. In the dream I was pinned down by the woman/monster/thing, her nails closing in on my throat. As I opened my eyes, I was still half in the dream and saw a shape a few inches from my face. Instinct took over and... well... I nutted my wife.:( Even ten years later, I still blush with guilt when remembering that morning.:oops:

These days, although the genuinely terrifying nightmares are in the past, the only dreams I ever remember clearly are the ones where I'm in a truly enormous house I don't know. I'm making my way down into the cellars via a very long and circuitous route, when I feel a very large, very threatening presence behind me. I try to walk calmly back by the route I came, since I know that if I run, or look back, whatever the presence is will kill me. I start to get very panicky as I can't remember the route, then wake up with a muffled yell, just as the presence grabs me and pulls me back towards the place where I first became aware of it.

Irritatingly, I'm not able to dream lucidly about this yet so I'm never aware that it's a nightmare until after I wake up. :x
Danny B

Postby janet » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:46 pm

I used to dream about a huge hallway with sweeping grand staircases which met on a landing above. Something nasty always happened when I went up the stairs but I can't remember what. Maybe it all collapsed?
Used to wake up very scared though.
Also, when I was a child and had a fever I dreamed about being in a deep hole in the ground and someone was tipping coal onto me which hurt. Actually, the coalman frightened me back then. He was blackened with coal dust and wore one of those hats with a long cape behind. I used to go and hide from the noise of the coal arriving.......how did I remember that?
Our coalman nowadays is a gorgeous hunk :P And, yes, I still keep a coal fire.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 am

When I have a fever everything seems to get really big and feels like wood, even when i;m awake.... And i dont know what happened to the serotonin.

It is possible to control dreams. I did that once, sort of... I controlled it and then the looneys came along wouldnt budge so i gave up. I hate nightmares cos you get filled with energy but you only move in your mind so you get pent up...............
Like watching it on a tv screen while being strapped to a straight jaket full of pianos.
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby bikkit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 pm

i had a dream that I went into my library at school and there were these pink rabbits having a cocktail party

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:50 am

bikkit wrote:i had a dream that I went into my library at school and there were these pink rabbits having a cocktail party

did they invite you? offer you a cocktail? :?:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby bikkit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:04 pm

no

bikkit

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Well, *huff* that bites...

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum