Dreams/Nightmares

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:13 am

I get the teeth-falling-out dreams too *shudders* My teeth start wobbling and then just fall out, or crumble, it's nasty. Allegedly, it's a sign of change in your life, which doesn't explain why I've been having them on and off for the last decade or so!

My dreams tend to be influenced by what I've been watching on tv or reading... so *lots* of sci-fi/fantasy themes. One dream managed to include vampires, mutants and aliens all at once! My dreams quite often involve running around, fighting evil, saving the world and magic... tis quite fun really :D the sleep meds I take have some good points (even if they're not quite so good at making me sleep at reasonable times) :wink:

I don't have that many nightmares, but I do sometimes dream about waking up with sleep paralysis and not being able to move, or it taking huge effort just to move my arm or try and stand up... those aren't so fun.
Phoenix

Postby bikkit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:48 am

I've never had teeth-falling-out dreams.My dreams are mostly very weird

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:09 am

Most of the times I don't remember my dreams. I suppose I dream because they say you ALWAYS dream or else you become mad :roll: but I can't remember them. So my worst nightmare is from some years ago, I was still in my teen years, and I dreamt that I was walking with my mother in a street I don't know, and suddenly a bad man stopped us and he was harassing my mother and I couldn't stand it so I took a nutcrackers and I hit him hard on the head then I didn't look what I had done but took my mother's hand and ran and ran, downstairs towards the metro but then I came upstairs and I was in my kitchen, knowing my mother was somewhere in the house, and on the table there was many Huge nutshells full of walnuts and I looked at them without understand what I was doing there and why I was suddenly opening other walnuts...
I swear it's exactly what I dreamt that night, I remember it well because I felt really really bad for days and days after that, I had that man's face in front of my eyes all the times. bad bad dream.
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:31 pm

When I was completely nuts (but still working) and was taking sleepers with anti-depressants I had some really alarming dreams where I was fighting devils - the naked red gargoyle type ones with goaty horns and bat wings :roll: The worst but funniest one was where it was attacking me somewhere high (possibly the tower block roof the Ministry of Justice used to be in) and I was really whacking it hard - with my handbag! :lol:

I had another where it was basically the same thing but on a boat where I was in a bunk - that ended up as a drowning thingie where I was hysterical and screaming. Then there was this huge crash and I woke up having been waving my arms around like a windmill and swept the lamp onto the floor - there was bulb glass everywhere and I had bruises on my hands where I'd been thumping the bedside cabinet :oops:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote: I was really whacking it hard - with my handbag! :lol:

Yeah! :lol:

The only time I have nightmares it's because something important is coming up & I dream that I'm late or not prepared, or both. This was particularly the case when I was about to get married, but exams get it too.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:When I was completely nuts (but still working) and was taking sleepers with anti-depressants I had some really alarming dreams where I was fighting devils - the naked red gargoyle type ones with goaty horns and bat wings :roll: The worst but funniest one was where it was attacking me somewhere high (possibly the tower block roof the Ministry of Justice used to be in) and I was really whacking it hard - with my handbag! :lol: Why, that's Positively Dotsie of you :twisted:
I had another where it was basically the same thing but on a boat where I was in a bunk - that ended up as a drowning thingie where I was hysterical and screaming. Then there was this huge crash and I woke up having been waving my arms around like a windmill and swept the lamp onto the floor - there was bulb glass everywhere and I had bruises on my hands where I'd been thumping the bedside cabinet :oops: Been there done that... I punched meself in my own nose once. Hurt like the Dickens for a week, and took me a couple days to figure out what I had done. :lol: :oops:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

I had an odd dream about Michael Jackson (who I can't stand). It turned out, in the dream, that he wasn't dead at all, just very ill and living with his parents. Thankfully they did all the talking rather than him.

I was explaining to them that maybe Michael could do what Frederick Delius (the Classical composer) did when he got too ill to write - he employed Eric Fenby, a fan, to be his 'amanuensis' - a person who takes over the task of writing for another who is incapacitated.

Of course, I was really (in the dream) just being polite and couldn't care less if Jacko wrote anything again (did he actually write his own stuff?? :? ). :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raspberry » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:39 pm

My most treasured childhood dream was lifting up the corner of the tarmac in the playground and finding a limitless supply of jam sandwiches.

Easily pleased!
… I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch…
raspberry

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 pm

raspberry wrote:My most treasured childhood dream was lifting up the corner of the tarmac in the playground and finding a limitless supply of jam sandwiches.

Easily pleased!

What flavour?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 pm

:lol:
During my afternoon nap the other afternoon I thought I was already awake, let two of my cats out of my door and tried to put my light on but we had a powercut ...

Then I really woke up, no cats wanted to go out through my door and power was working fine ...

Still felt real though ... and scary!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby raspberry » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:14 am

poohcarrot wrote:
raspberry wrote:My most treasured childhood dream was lifting up the corner of the tarmac in the playground and finding a limitless supply of jam sandwiches.

Easily pleased!

What flavour?

RASPBERRY- of course!
… I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch…
raspberry

Postby Dotsie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:21 am

Last night I dreamt that I wa a posh bird at a fancy do, when the bloke next to me got shot right between the eyes. The killers got away but were caught later. Two men. Then I realised... Pooh & Sjoerd!!!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:21 am

Why do you assume one of them was me? what have I done to deserve that? :lol:
It couldn´t be me I´m not that good with a gun (or bow) :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Frum wot I bin Gawping, I am not suprised. :twisted: Twas Prolly a Million to one shot too... :lol:

Edit: Doh! My dream last night was that I had been hoarding all kinds of tools and stuff (things I was discussing with my counselor, because my children lost about $1000 or more in tools because of neglect or their friends stealing them) and then it turned into a chase scene through a big complex and I kept running and sliding down banisters keeping just ahead. Then I woke up because of a call of nature right when I was giving up to let them kill me. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 am

Doh!! Just the day i posted the last one i had a nightmare about being chased by an evil spirit in my school that was possessing all my friends in turn, but it seemed slow-mo, if u know what i mean, like the fear doesn't have time to get there, it just gets annoying.
I didnt realize it was a dream at the time, i can be really dumb at times. Then i realized i couldn't have jumped 7 steps at a time, my maximum is 5. :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum