Dreams/Nightmares

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Dreams/Nightmares

Postby Lady Vetinari » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:21 pm

I had a strange dream last night.

I dreamt that we were in a society where luxury things such as being able to wash hair and chocolate were government rationed. And Timothy Dalton was a Law Enforcer making sure the rules were followed and was after me because I was breaking the law ...

Mum said it's all the Terry Pratchett I am reading ... Maybe it is!

What are your dreams or nightmares....?
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:24 am

LOL you naughty lil girl. :lol: Just imagine the fun you could have being "Brought in" by him. I sense a little Freudian business there. 8)

My extreme stress dream is one where Aliens have put a drop of "Seed Blood" in soda bottles. They grow in the fridge. They look like that stupid puppet "Chucky" and I try to kill it, but everything I use makes it stronger. I usually wake up about every 45 min with this one, soaking wet. When I get to sleep again, same scenario of trying to kill it, but not able to, it makes for a long night.

Other times they are silly, like floating/flying through a bazaar, nekky (of course) nobody sees me, (thanks to all the small gods for that) and I keep looking for something, sometimes it is material, other times clothing, sometimes cool rugs, and then it degenerates into me trying to figure out how the hell to get out. :lol:

Edit: OH! Once, when I was playing guitar in a band, we had a gig coming up and it was for a fellow Chrysler worker's daughter's wedding reception. I kept dreaming that we were on a deck, which eerily matched where we played that night and there were Tornadoes all around us and flying snakes coming towards us. *shiver* The gig was just fine, they loved us, and for the Bride and Groom dance they wanted Def Leppard's Love Bites. I happened to have the tape and they were thrilled. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby mspanners » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:17 am

Can't post My Dreams here as it is a Family Board! :lol:

BUT.....

Used to have a recurring Dream about driving up a Mountain Road in a open top sports car and as I went around a bend the Road disappeared and I plunger over the edge............ never hit bottom though just kept falling........... :shock:
mspanners

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:41 am

years ago I lost a tooth in an accident (have a fake one now). Since then I have recurring dreams where all my teeth fall out.
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Kladivo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:23 am

Teeth/tooth dreams are the worst, heaviest dreams I get sometimes. They can spoil up to two days afterwards for me. Doesn't happen that often but still, <brrr>gives me shivers even to think about it</brrr>.
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Postby Batty » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 am

I twice dreamt that I had died and was 'visiting' my own funeral.
I could see my family and heard the vicar reading a message that I had written to be read out at the funeral. It was actually quite a good, poignant message, and although I was upset when I awoke (especially as I was due to have a heart operation), I wrote down as much of my farewell message as I could remember!

The dream did make me worry more about surviving the operation though!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby cols » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am

weird I had one of those( the dream where you loose all your teeth) last week, messed with my head big time
oops welcome Kladivo by the way meant to do that yesterday :oops:
cols

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:44 am

I dont dream much, or i dont remember them. Mostly their just random ones that make no sense and resemble those stupid shows where everything follows a twisted Parkinson's Law. :D

Actually, When i've been thinking a lot about it, i have dreams where everything is as in normal life, but my crush keeps giving these responses. but the only real problem is that i get it mixed up with real life, expecially when im tired :D
:? :arrow: :shock: :arrow: :x :arrow: :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Morbidity/teeth dreams are quite common seemingly :shock:

me on DreamWorlds last week wrote:I have a nasty low-key recurring dream sometimes where all my teeth are falling out and one time I'd actually had a filling crumble on me during the night that woke me up in the middle of it. Another time I dreamt I was dead and it was all happening in the coffin. Someone said on something that this is a classic 'stress' dream and they did start around the time I was taking my 'O' Levels (that's GCSE or Leaving Certificate for younger members/foreigners)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Teeth-falling-out dreams are often caused by tooth problems which you are not aware of yet (possibly).

I don't really have dreams and usually fall asleep within 5 minutes. Not having a guilty conscience helps eg; not stabbing people in the back :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Batty » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 pm

poohcarrot wrote:I don't really have dreams and usually fall asleep within 5 minutes. Not having a guilty conscience helps eg; not stabbing people in the back :lol:

Image Image You are an example to us all, pooh ...
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Don't I know it! :roll:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby chris.ph » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 pm

i cant remember my dreams but they must be rude as it takes me a while to get out of bed :lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby bikkit » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:10 pm

I once dreamed that my re teacher started killig people who didnt like cabbage.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Kladivo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Was he from Sto Plains?
Duvvelsheyss!
Kladivo

Next

Return to The Broken Drum