Calling all you wise souls...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby mspanners » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 am

CrysaniaMajere

Yep that helps,Pint of Cider and I listen to One of Terry's Audio Books instead of Music!

Good Omens is the one at the Moment............ :D
mspanners

Postby lyn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:37 am

hope you're feeling a bit better today raspberry.
if you have an audio book put that on and just let it tell you the story. sometimes you get caught up in it and that gives you a little respite from your problems.
lyn

Postby raspberry » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks for all the good advice everyone! Its a beautiful day today so that's helping a bit. I've also taken lots of your bits of advice, and will keep trying. I just wish I was one of those folks who didn't dwell on stuff!

I'm going to make a nice dinner tonight, followed by lots of jelly babies, and try to count my blessings and think nice thoughts.

To be honest the fact that you all took the time to post something has cheered me up more than anything else!
Thank you
xxxxx
… I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch…
raspberry

Postby raspberry » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:46 am

poohcarrot wrote:What I'd do is write a list of 6 fun things you'd like to do this Saturday (either alone or with a friend) eg;

Go shopping in the Metro Centre for some new clothes
Go out for a nice meal
Go to the cinema
Have a day trip to Durham and row a boat on the Wear
Have a day trip to Bamburgh to see the castle and walk along the beach
Go on a pub crawl on the Quayside (starting at lunchtime)

Then give each option a number, shake a dice and do whatever the dice decides. (a la Luke Rhinehart).

Let fate decide your Saturday. :P

Pooh, do you know the North east? I live really near all those places - although Bamburgh is a bit further) or did you cunningly use google maps to find them?
… I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch…
raspberry

Postby Dotsie » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:45 pm

I think he was just being a smartypants :wink:

Hope you find time to chill out this weekend raspberry, I let things get on top of me as well. I draw mind maps to get things straight (I try to put solutions on there as well), make sure you include positive issues on it so you can see that you have a balanced life, you just need to put things into perspective :D

Wish I could take my own advice :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Dotsie wrote:I think he was just being a smartypants :wink: It's a dirty job but someone has to do it - and He Is An Expert)
Hope you find time to chill out this weekend raspberry, I let things get on top of me as well. I draw mind maps to get things straight (I try to put solutions on there as well), make sure you include positive issues on it so you can see that you have a balanced life, you just need to put things into perspective :D Very important! Illegitimi non carborundum - yeah I know it's wrong but it's classier :P

Wish I could take my own advice :? Me too

my comments in blue

'Tis always best to let people know how you feel and the result is more often than not similar to this. If only to know you're not alone in getting chewed up. Every time you think you have it all sussed something generally comes along and shows you otherwise, which is why I didn't post in here 'cos atm I feel unqualified to say something useful. But one thing I do know works is to keep busy, but make sure it's something (or lots of 'its' in fact) you really want to do or know will give you some pleasure - jelly babies are perfect! :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:58 pm

raspberry wrote:Pooh, do you know the North east? I live really near all those places - although Bamburgh is a bit further) or did you cunningly use google maps to find them?

I'm originally from Darlington :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Glad you're feeling a little better, keep trying! :)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Here's a quote from The Wee Free Men...

"She tried to pretend she hadn't thought that, but the was treacherously good at spotting when she was lying. That's the trouble with a brain -- it thinks more than you sometimes want it to."

Have you tried to have a lie down and tried NOT to think of a white elephant? Every time a thought comes in you think of an eraser going across your forehead, and then you try NOT to think of a white elephant again. It sounds weird, like "what is the sound of one hand clapping?", but it works much better.

Soon, I was able to do the eraser thingy and believe me the harder you try NOT to think of the white elephant, soon it Will be all you can think of. :lol:

Edit: Sometimes I "decorate" my white elephant up all pretty with paint too. :roll: :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 pm

A day-glo nellie-pant? :D
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:31 pm

LEPHANT! :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Oliphaunts!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby raspberry » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 pm

poohcarrot wrote:
raspberry wrote:Pooh, do you know the North east? I live really near all those places - although Bamburgh is a bit further) or did you cunningly use google maps to find them?

I'm originally from Darlington :P

Ah, sunny Darlo! :D

Lovely people of the forum, you are continuing to cheer me up! (As are the ciders I've been drinking!)
I needed it after burning my special 'cheer me up dinner'. :(
Going to keep trying to focus on the positives and will take Carpe Jugulum to bed tonight to try to keep those horrible thoughts away. Thanks again.
raspberry

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0

This cheers me up - listened to it twice this morning and buoyed me up tremendously.
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:40 pm

Deja vu! :shock:
poohcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum